A parent can make a claim to the Special Educational Needs Tribunal for Wales (SENTW) about disability related discrimination in Welsh schools.

Children and teenagers, you can also make a claim yourself by telling us why you think you have been treated unfairly in school because of a disability. If you want, you can ask an adult to help you fill in our claim application form.

Our forms and guidance booklets can be downloaded by using the links below or if you would like a copy sent to you please contact us. Claims must be made in writing to the SENTW.


  • Claim Application. Where you feel there has been unfair treatment of a young person in school because of a disability the parent, child or teenager themselves, can make a claim application to ask the SENTW to look at what happened. (Claim Application - Form SENTW 4)
  • Withdrawing a Claim. You can complete our form to let us know if you decide that you no longer want to continue with your claim. (Withdrawing an Appeal or Claim – Form SENTW 14)

Guidance Booklets

Children and teenagers you may also find the information on the Children and Young People page of our website helpful. If you want, you can ask an adult to help you with your claim.

  • How to Make a Claim. Our guidance booklet contains information about how to make a claim, important time limits for making a claim, the type of information we need and what happens once a claim has been made. (How to Make a Claim – Guidance Booklet SENTW 3)
  • I Have Made a Claim, How Do I Prepare a Case Statement? Once you have made a claim we will ask you to let us have your case statement. Our guidance booklet explains how to prepare a case statement and what information we need you to provide. (I Have Made a Claim, How Do I Prepare a Case Statement? -  Guidance Booklet SENTW 7)