Guidance and Forms

Information about when and how you can make an appeal or claim to the Special Educational Needs Tribunal for Wales (SENTW) can be found in our guidance booklets.

Guidance booklets and application forms can be downloaded from this website or, if you would like a copy sent to you, please contact us. Completed forms need to be returned to the Special Educational Needs Tribunal for Wales.


A parent can make an appeal to SENTW against certain decisions made by a Welsh Local Authority about their child’s special educational needs.

Children and teenagers, you can also make an appeal yourself by telling us that you disagree with a decision about your education. You must tell us in writing, if you want you can ask an adult to help you. 

Your Local Authority must tell you (the parent and the young person) about its decision and when you have a right to make an appeal.


A parent can make a claim to SENTW about disability related discrimination in schools.

Children and teenagers, you can also make a claim yourself by telling us why you think you have been treated unfairly in school because of your disability or for another reason to do with disability.  You must tell us in writing, if you want you can ask an adult to help you. 

Children and teenagers

If you want to find out more, our page for children and young people has information all about appeals, claims and coming to a tribunal hearing. We also tell you how to contact us or other people who may be able to help.

Local Authorities and Responsible Bodies

Our guidance booklets provide information for Local Authorities about how to respond to an appeal and for Responsible Bodies about how to respond to a claim.

Aled’s tribunal and tribunal hearings

Our video clip shows you what happens at Aled’s tribunal hearing. You will need to fill in our form to tell us who you will be bringing to the tribunal hearing